Blue Bird
| Whisper to me as the blue bird sings Serenading its prey before it strikes. I beg you... Hypnotize me with words. Silence this pain in my heart. It aches. Make me your puppet, twisting on its strings Yet as Pinocchio to Geppetto "I dream of real things" No longer will illusions cloud my mind. My heart beats for truth, for love that can cross time. I am yours. I 'thought' you were mine... This fiction has ripped the pages of a dream So I won't read more. I'd rather not be seen Encase me in ice. Mummify my lips. Wrap me up tight. Comatose... I hiss Any and every word from your mouth that drips Cast me into oblivion! I'd rather this than to risk... This pain... This ache that never ends Yet despite my resistance I can't help but depend Listening to the spell... Chant... Chant... I hear! Sing Blue Bird sing Serenade... Hypnotize... Silence me IT HURTS! (c) 2011 T. Y.L |
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...