"Fracture"

Broken pieces look up at me from below
The reflection of my face outlined on the cracked glass.
A mirror of my heart as you hit me.
Tearing at me like a lion to its prey.
I am ripped to shreds..

Their fragments crash as they fall to the ground.
The sound echoing throughout the room
My heart beats in response to this collision
A testimony to my apparent pain.

Fractured into a thousand pieces
My heart meets its demise.
I scramble to glue the pieces together,
But how can you glue glass?
Fractured I remain
Scattered on the pavement.
My tears ricocheting off of my cheek
On to my feet.

Collecting my pieces into my lap
Pain flowing from me as what you call blood.
I bleed deeply
I cry sweetly
Trying to silence the shrieks.
Trying to smother the shakes.
Trying to wipe the tears.
Trying to cover the wounds.

I try and try to reclaim myself
But my pieces remain broken..
My soul remains fractured.
A thousand parts
A thousand cries
A thousand tears
A thousand lies

I try to maintain the mirror of my soul
But how can you glue glass?
I cannot! So I stare…
Into the darkness that once was my eyes
Lost in my reflection
Outlined on my lap
Cracked in response to you,
My lost love.

Pieces of me forever lost
Never can I fix them
That was the cost
Of loving you tenderly
Loving you endlessly
Loving you carelessly
Loving you fearlessly
Fractured tremendously… Copyright T. Y. Lightbourne

Comments