Whispers
The words float to me
Like a sonnet on the wind.
Things I've kept buried deep
Feelings I never share..
My heart hurts when I think of you.
Your cruel eyes stare right through me.
The eyes of a stranger illuminating the night
Cutting me deep as I search for the man I once knew.
Trying to shut out their sound I curl up against the floor.
The soft patches of the carpet cradle me
I huddle closer and try to forget..
The warmth of your touch
The silk of your lips
The strength of your gaze
The power of your heart.
I fell immediately never asking why.
My heart stopped obediently as time seemingly just flew by.
Never seeing
Never hearing
Never knowing anything but you.
The cool touch of liquid caressed my face
As I gently wipe it away I realize the patch beneath me is wet.
A small sob escapes my throat cutting the silence of the night.
...Is that me? Are those mine?...
Tears of abandonment.
Tears of hurt.
Tears of suffering.
They speak their own words.
Their shouts tenderly joining my own.
No longer able to ignore their ring..
No longer able to deny their cry..
My heart echoes the sound!
The words that float to me
Like a sonnet on the wind.
Things I've kept buried deep
Voices from deep within..
I miss you...
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...