"Dreams"

Turning from the pages of my day
My heart opens up as I lay.
Memories of the present  all fade away
Molding into a sad little display.
My dreams are never righteous
Lifting me with the promised love.
No inspiration awaits me
Only crippled hopes and pain.



Again and again I try to understand
This realm of mystical illusions.
The suffering I endure when I close my eyes.
The constant terror that reigns inside.
Despite my last thought being of your face
When I dream somehow all my love is erased.


I conform to the darkness.
I feed on the fear.
I become what I don't desire
A being with no soul
A heart that does not care.



Mesmerized by the night
Hypnotized with fright
My mind searches for the light
Though my body never lets me take flight.
I am trapped within myself.
Crying out to be awakened.
Tears stream from my eyes
But otherwise my form is still.



Swallowed by the mares the night makes
Sunken in the depths my heart breaks.
I cant wake up..
I need help for that.
Until I open my eyes I am forced to endure
The endless cries of the lost that came before me
Caged by their dreams, forced to witness the scene



In which their lives loses all means
And I drift endlessly in the darkness as though they've never been.
Invisible and broken
I am one of the unseen.
Engulfed by a dream where the lonely finally disappear.
As their hearts are caught in between
And their love becomes but a scene
They exit the stage where hope had been
And enter the dark where eternity reigns supreme.

Comments