Dear Diary
The reality of my life, full of hate, anger and strife
Too busy always being nice
Trying my best just to fit in.
Taken for granted because of my smile.
Torn up and ravaged, picked apart by the wolves
Why? For what? I ask myself over and over
Knowing deep down I'll still recieve the cold shoulder
Why do I care?
I don't! I say lifting my chin
Telling myself no matter what you'll never win
I continue to smile though I feel dark inside
This mask a diversion from the world tearing my hide
I'm scarred
Ripped, raw and shredded desperate for love
Looking to my dreams
Can't even manage a hug.
None of it is real no matter how much I wish
Closing my eyes searching for just one little kiss.
Any and every type of affection I can think of just to shake the loneliness of what I'm feeling.
I'm troubled
Caught up in lifes little bubble
I'm drowning
Anchored to the depths of the ocean
I'm stranded
Walking through the desert of life,
I'm thirsty
Yet all I seem to drink is more strife
I'm stuck
Underneath the rubble of hate
I'm crushed...
I pray to God that it's not to late
Copyright(c) 2011 T. Y. Lightbourne
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...