The Voice That Called To Me

My dear gentle Sonnet
Who reaches me beyond time
I hold you close to my heart
And always keep you on my mind
Your words called to me
As a star their essence I received

I fall in response to your pull
The gravity a force I care not to fight
So I gently reposition myself
To descend towards you at once shedding my light
No longer a star clinging to the sky

I drift as a crystal searching for my creator
Who regards me with wonder
Who is indeed my savior
Seeing your light I connect with your heart
At once morphing again
Taking my place in the indentation on your chest

You honor me with praise
Loving words and a pure light
Closing me away in this locket
You hold me close keeping me tight
Safely I am hidden from the world
From the pain I once endured

Living as one in your warmth
Making my place in your soul
Embedding myself in your heart
Taking my place, I am home

Copyright (c) 2011 T. Y. Lightbourne

Comments