Letter to my Count
I understand your words
Their whispers ringing loudly in my ear
I try to stop myself from dreaming
For the outcome is what I fear
Your gentle speech makes my heart flutter
This warm feeling ascending me to the clouds
Beyond the earth and to the stars
All the while, I dream
I try to stop myself from dreaming
For the outcome is what I fear
Your gentle speech makes my heart flutter
Their whispers ringing loudly in my ear
Hoping they don't turn out to be lies
I pray as hard as I can, as I continue to shoot by
I journey past Mars
My destination Unknown
I only know of this feeling
The kindness that I have been shown
I pray it is sincere
For it keeps me flying high
Drifting amongst the night
Smiling as if made of sunlight
Throughout the universe I go
Shinning as a star
I pray I never lose this glow
I pray it swallows me whole, granting redemption, erasing past woes
Copyright (c) 2011 T. Y. Lightbourne
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...