The Truth Of Me
~Secrets Of The Sea~
Constant as a stream my inner heart still beams
Indeed your words have brought me much content
Yet I feel implored to disagree with your praise I vent
To you I am lovely and as bright as the morning star
Vivacious and delicate.. Precious unto the world
But inside I hold secrets much more pure than gold
The truth I must uphold as I share with you my soul
Not of a lady or a star shooting my way through the night
Not of shades of Saffron or gentle prisms of a crystals inner light
But of Amethyst... Nay! a shade far more bleak
Of mystery,of wonder, of Sapphire I speak.
For I am the Ocean my dear Knight which speaks of the stars
Though I wish to fly above I will never really see the face of Mars
I am bound to this world accepting the offers thrown to me
Though the Moon calls to me in truth the two of us can never be
In my waters I hold many dreams, many of which have already sunk
I pray to for them to be found as treasures
Yet they're too deep.. I close the trunk
Locking away in the darkness of my heart
All the things that could have been
Silently begging of my Moon to just be understood
I am not a shooting star nor a treasure in your heart
I'm not a work of art nor the light that shines, Not even part
I am no more than a Woman regarded as the water
Lonely and solemn, Drifting in her darkest hour
My pain it seems is eternal
To my nightmare there is no end
But if you will shine as my lighthouse
I will be honored to call you my friend
Copyright (c) 2011 T. Y. Lightbourne
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave a comment...