To The Face In My Dreams


A familiar face crowded my dreams, a surprise I would rather do without. Though your face held compassion, I reject the idea of you ever showing me kindness.

Love doesn't exist in the heart of the abyss. All is void. Darkness. Isolation. A realm of demons with fates worse than death.. Nay, worse than hell itself.

As a corner of the mind that is shut off.. No escaping the deteriorating walls of insanity. I find myself in this prison as I get lost in your eyes. The veil of gentle affection a rouse to ensneer the vunerable.

Surely you can do better! Dear wielder of magic. Your tricks can entrance even the bravest of hearts.. Stripping the lion of its strength only to feed on its corpse.

A trickster, A mimic, A mime, A gimmick. All these describe the heart of you. Evil absorbing the light of the world, As the devil slowly consumes the hearts of men.

Of you I want no part! Depart from my dreams. Leave me in peace to drift in my own disease. With a corroding heart I descend down my own path of hate..

Copyright: 2011 T. Y. Lightbourne

Comments